PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, November 20, 2011

This & That...

WARNING: Randomness ahead.

Oh, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel!  Two days and then I get to sleep until I'm not tired instead of hearing that awful beeping noise at an ungodly hour.  I'm also super excited about being able to do some crafty, fun things with my kiddos.  There's just not time for that usually.  So we're breaking out the scissors and glue and markers {!!!} and making turkeys and pilgrims and they're not going to know how to react to the unmathyness of it all.  It's just going to be grand!

I need your help, party people.  Back in August, I broke out in hives and went to the doctor and he was all, What did you have to eat today and did you eat it the other times you broke out too?  And I was like, A chocolate pop tart.  And yes.  He then said three words that rocked my world, "No more chocolate."  Naturally, I did not listen because I didn't believe him.  What does he know; he's just a doctor?!  One Reese Cup later, I broke out yet again.  So now I'm off chocolate.  Go ahead and take a second to feel sorry for me.  It's truly devastating.  Especially around the holidays.  My favorite is peanut butter balls.  I'm mourning their loss.  It's going to be rough, but I'm trying to find a way to get through it.  I made some potato candy the other day to try to satisfy my need for peanut butter chocolatey goodness.  Please tell me you've heard of it.  I took it to school and people looked at me like I had three heads.  It's good, but it's not the same as a chocolatey peanut butter ball.  Any of you have some ideas for an amazingly delish dessert sans chocolate?

Last week Diana from Cole's Little Pups got to come with representatives from her district to visit my school.  Bless her heart, she spent all morning in my room and she even helped me with my little kindergartners.  It was so much fun to meet a fellow blogger!  We both had so much fun at school and we're pretty sure we would have even more fun outside of school, so we're trying to organize a get together.  If you are in the KY/TN/IN area, please comment or email me at mspreppyblog@gmail.com if you would be interested in a meet up!  We are about 2 hours from Nashville and Louisville.  We would love to hear from you.  {And don't forget to stop by Diana's blog...she just posted some cute gingerbread ten frame freebies and a new Christmas unit!}

I also just got an email from my principal saying we are interviewing for the kindergarten assistant position on my team.  He said to bring questions.  Any suggestions?!  They've got to be good ones so we can make sure we get someone amazing!  How do you even do that in 30 minutes?! 

Sorry this has been random.  I'm avoiding laundry and dishes and cleaning and grading.  Since I'm in procrastination mode, I feel like I need to help any of you who might be in a similar position.  Sooo...let's play a game!  This or That: Thanksgiving Style... I'm going to post a question: this or that?  The first person to comment will answer my question and pose one of their own.  Then the next person will answer that question and ask their own, etc.  Let's try to keep it Thanksgiving themed, but the world isn't going to end if it gets off topic...  Here we go:

Mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes?

19 comments:

Lori Faas said...

sweet potatoes!

White meat or dark meat?

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

Dark meat
Homemade or cane ed cranberry sauce?

Unknown said...

Homemade
Pumpkin pie or Apple pie?

Barbara said...

You could try substituting your chocolate recipes with carob powder. It's not exactly the same flavour, but it's an awesome substitute! Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving (sweet potatoes).

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful

Erika said...

Apple pie.

Leftovers or no leftovers?
2B Honey Bunch

Tracy Lee said...

leftovers.... Packers or Lions?
I feel your pain on the chocolate. If I eat more than a microgram I get a tummy ache. I mean a Lay.Me.Down.Gonna.Die.... But do I eat it anyway? I try and sneak but really.... who am I hiding it from? LOL Hope you find a gooey substitute... how about peanut butter cookies??

Anonymous said...

Packers
Dressy clothes or elastic pants? :)

Karen said...

Dressy clothes
Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

Jennifer K. said...

Black Friday - by the way, really hating the whole "opening on Thursday night" thing this year :(

I feel for you with the chocolate! I would so be comparing ingredient lists between chocolate pop tarts and Reese cups to see if it could be ANYTHING else but chocolate! I'm on a low-carb diet and I still have to have my chocolate - just sugar-free now :)

Homemade stuffing or Boxed?

Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

Owls and Lessons, Etc. said...

Homemade stuffing
Gravy or no gravy?

Haley
followingoptimism.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Gravy!
Red or white wine with dinner?

It simply can't be chocolate. Don't give up!
Rowdy in First Grade

oh' boy said...

red

Watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade or No thanks

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said...

Watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.


Seconds or leave room for dessert?

Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Jana said...

Definitely dessert.

Pecan or pumpkin pie?

Delighted said...

Pecan Pie.

China or Paper Plates?

Unknown said...

Dessert, Chocolate dream pie!!

I love your blog and I am awarding you the sunshine award, come on over to my blog to check it out!

Chelsea Rose said...

I am definitely interested in a meet up! I live in Indiana and would love to participate! Please keep me posted!! You can either comment at my blog bloomingintofirst.blogspot.com or email me at pjsims@popeace.org
Let me know!! Thanks!!

Carly Schoettes said...

Can you have cacao? It isn't chocolate. And it doesn't REALLY taste like chocolate, but it sometimes works as a good substitute for me! You can get it at health food stores, etc!

anosh said...

Cleaning company with in Abha
Often, many customers try to find companies with confidence, experience in cleaning, and a cleaning company in Abha has the experience and confidence that the client can put his house in their hands.شركة تنظيف منازل بأبها offers all cleaning services for the home and institutions with high quality and a high level of customer satisfaction.